Oreo cookie or Oreo chocolate biscuits is enjoyed by people of all ages! This was launched 106 years ago and is one of the finest cream-filled biscuits on the market today, and is the highest-selling cookie in the United States of America.
Oreo cookie is accessible in over 100 nations and is known in the UK as Oreo Biscuit. Many various types of Oreo cookies were made and become popular in the 21st century.
This is the world’s second-largest confectionery business. Presently, Mondelez International is the holder of both Cadbury and Oreo and has paired the Cadbury brands with Oreo to offer nutritious and yummy goods.
Some of the strongest competitors of Oreo
- Parle Hide n seek
- Britannia Bourbon
- ITC Sunfeast Sandwich Biscuits
History of Oreo cookie
- Global Biscuit Company (Nabisco) produced the first-ever Oreo at their factory in Chelsea Manhattan in 1912.
- This factory is established between 15th and 16th Streets on Ninth Avenue and today this road is named ‘Oreo road
- The first Oreo was launched by a grocer in Hoboken, New Jersey on 6th March 1912
Change in name of Oreo cookie
- In 1912 – Oreo Biscuit
- In 1921 – Oreo Sandwich
- From 1974 to till date – Oreo Sandwich Cookie
Highlights of Oreo
- Nabisco changed the trans-fat from cookies with non-hydrogenated vegetable oil in January 2006.
- Oreo did an advertising campaign in 2008 to support the ‘Double Stuf Racing Series’ online video game.
- In 2011 Oreo released a limited edition blue cream filled biscuit to promote the animated movie Rio. This campaign provided stickers for every box of biscuits.
Oreo Sandwich Cookie – Product Portfolio
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo: It’s the classic Oreo chocolate with a tasty twist. It is made of milk chocolate and crunchy Oreo chips.
- Big Taste Oreo Crunch Chocolate: It is a chocolate bar with an Oreo base and covered with vanilla ice cream and smooth milky chocolate.
- Oreo Mini Eggs: These are chocolate mini eggs that have the iconic taste of Cadbury chocolate and filled in the center with tangy Oreos.
- Oreo Bites: Oreo bites which is a cookie packed with crispy Oreos in Cadbury bite form. It’s very popular chocolate.
- Oreo Sandwich: It is a surface of Cadbury Whole Milk Chocolate sandwiched between the Oreo cookies
- Oreo Vanilla Sandwich Biscuits: This is a classic Oreo-made biscuit. cream Placed in all chocolate cookies, it is vanilla cream.
- Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Biscuits: This is a Classic version. It is a layer of thick cream of the cocoa spread between the biscuits of cocoa.
- Golden Oreo: The company introduced this recently. It has golden biscuits in its middle and smooth vanilla cream.
Oreo Sandwich Cookie is available in more than 100 countries and now has its offices in London, Uxbridge. It started its activities in the United Kingdom from Birmingham and won many foreign markets such as India, Ireland, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Oreo has its production plant in Brazil, India, China, and its largest production plant in Bourneville. In India, Cadbury has its manufacturing plants in Bengaluru, Thane, Baddi, Malanpur, and Hyderabad. Oreo also has headquartered in Mumbai and has distribution offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
Oreo Cookies Pricing
Oreo has also followed a broad strategy of selling to reach a bigger market base. These brand’s often targeted both kids and adults.The company is known to be the world’s # 1 biscuit distribution brand and has therefore adopted a mid-premium price strategy. It relies more on customer satisfaction and provides goods of high quality.
Oreo Cookie Advertising and Promotions
In recent years, Cadbury Oreo has been doing targeted marketing and also had a lot of PR activations done for itself in different markets around the world. They ‘re still very involved on both digital channels and the offline media. The business has had numerous large-scale marketing initiatives that don’t highlight a particular market but have regional influence.
Oreo also has many TV campaigns, print and news website campaigns, and hoardings, radio, and print edition ads. The business has concentrated mainly on television and advertisement at the national and local levels across every channel. Cadbury’s Oreo used electronic media to gain visibility of the products through audios and videos.
Play With Oreo
This was a creative, enjoyable, and doodle advertisement created in 2015 by the brand. It needed a great deal of user interaction and was well appreciated by the audience.
Twist, Lick, Dunk Campaign
This was a famous brand advertisement showing how to actually eat this sandwich cookie and how to share an Oreo with your family members.
Learn how to market a business online just like oreocookie & other big agencies do it. Join our digital marketing course in chandigarh and learn from real practitioners.